Total Pageviews

Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year, My Legs are on Fire

A day late and a dollar short, but it's been a busy few days so I feel no shame in the delay. It's the Holiday Season I consider it a joy to have five minutes to pound out a blog with these stubby fingers of mine.

Still need to do body measurements, I am way behind on that one. I blame sheer negligence and lack of focus (and a fair bit of personal shame, not to mention dread) on this. Lord knows with all of the throwing under the bus of my diet that I have done this week (without regret I might add) that the measurements are more scary than enthusiastic.

However, they will be done. I must know my baseline in order to climb out of the pit of fatassedness.

Enjoyed my time at the West Portage YMCA on Thursday. I did not enjoy the crowd of folks that was there - as I am used to a more sedate and frankly vacant of other people space in which to work out in. However it was a nice change after I got used to it. Lots of dudes pumping that chest and guns in preparation for New Year's Eve it looked like.

Made it easy for me to find room at the squat rack.

5 mins bike Warm up
Barbell Squats 1 x 12 (135 lbs); 1 x 10 (225 lbs) 4 x 6 (275 lbs); 1 x 10 (225 lbs)
Barbell Romanian Deadlift 5 x 7 (185 lbs)
Seated Calf Raise 1 x 15 (3 plates); 1 x 12 (4 plates); 3 x 8 (5 plates); 1 x FAIL (3 plates)
Seated Leg Curl 4 x (8-10) ("110" 30 Second rest)
Seated Quad Extension 4 x (8-10) ("130" 30 Second rest)
Stationary Bike 15 minutes, 248 cals

So yeah. Despite the lactic acid cardio breakdown immediately afterwards, here I am two mornings later with the most loudly complaining hamstrings ever. Me needs more stretchings.

While I have several people to thank (hate) for bugging me on my Facebook wall as I facetiously asked "Chest or Legs" knowing I was going to train legs, I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to my old pal Andy Lewis.

Andy (or "Atlas" as I know him) has been a rock solid friend for 15 years, breaking into wrestling at the same time as myself. While he has gone on to greater success internationally than I have in recent years he has "settled" somewhat and returned to his roots in Edmonton. While he may be a deluded fool for enjoying the Oilers over more appropriate NHL Teams (#GoJetsGo) he has done wonders for himself and his lovely wife in recent years, finally fulfilling his dream of opening his own fitness studio. If you are in Edmonton looking to make a healthy change in your life, I cannot recommend anyone more highly than Atlas and his Taking Care of Business team.

That said, it's time to write out the nutrition plan for January to March. I've had my holiday fun, but I have a goal I want to reach and I refuse to fail. Chest and Biceps late. This might be a double posting day.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Outlaw Tees, Get 'yer Outlaw Tees!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment