Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Well I Flipped the Coin ...

And it came up Cardio. So I strapped on my sneaks, braved the cold and made it into the gym for a solid 45 minutes on the X-Trainer. Had the Heart Rate Monitor strapped in place, my MP3 going full tilt and even had Sportscentre playing hockey highlights on the TV.

And it sucked.

Cardio blows. I know a ton of people (mostly chicks) who love it. But for me, it is a step above pure torture. I need it, mid-range cardio is the best way to burn calories in the long term, but it is just SO boring.

Th e only way I can get past myself and trick my mind into forgetting that I am just marking time until the program is done is by reading a big, thick hardcover book that I can use to cover the entire display case on the X-Trainers. I know, that's stupid right? I have three other types of distractions, but without a book - screwed.

Time for a trip to the library methinks - No book shopping for myself til after Xmas (what, I have rules.)

In the New Year I am planning to commit at least 1 day a week again to in-ring training with some of the other locals. It's been said 100 times by folks with more credibility than me, but there is just no more appropriate cardio for pro wrestlers then hitting the ropes, hitting the mat, and working the matches. Once a week should make a big difference. Now I just gotta find the time.

Thanks again for all the feedback I have received so far on these musings. Big show on Thursday so I gotta keep on hitting it strong. Chest and Biceps tomorrow, so stay tuned for more "excitement".

AK
Follow me on Twitter - @OutlawAK
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Outlaw-Adam-Knight/9828497922

No comments:

Post a Comment