Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 December 2011

Rest Day

I had planned on getting up in time to get in a cardio session prior to heading in for the "mark job" but when I felt the ache in my legs and tightness in my lower back, I decided instead for a brief stretching session at home a short walk for the dogs and some relaxing time off.

We all need time off. Can't get more fit / healthier / grow muscle without letting your body recover from the beating you put upon it.

With that said, I kinda feel silly not posting a proper blog today.

So in order to make up for the lack of a true update, I will take this opportunity to Re-Post an excerpt from an article I wrote over at Helium :

"TIPS TO GAIN MUSCLE:

Sadly there is no secret formula to gaining muscle. No magic pill, no chemical treament plan: nothing that makes muscle just grow on your body without effort, sweat equity and determination. However I can make a few suggestions to help you reach your personal goals.

First of all, you've got to eat. And eat. And then eat some more. Five meals a day is a good start. Now I don't mean run to McDonald's and load up on burgers and fries.I'm talking about good nutritional meals, consisting of one-and-a-half grams of protein per pound of body weight a day. Stock up on vegetables and fruits, stay away from fattier foods and have a healthy dose of carbohydrates every day. Whole grain rice and pastas are best and very necessary; you'll need the slow release energy those carbs will provide as you get fatigued and start pounding the heavy iron."

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE

I should have more fun things to talk about tomorrow. Until then, I am gonna relax and try to score some Jets Tickets for January.

AK

No comments:

Post a Comment