Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 May 2012

I Love Back Day, Even If It Includes Hamstrings

It’s true, after many years of undertraining my back and misunderstanding it’s true importance to my overall training there is no doubt it is my current favorite. Hands down.

While my knee is now in a state where performing heavy deadlifts is “not recommended” at best, I find that a full bore 16-rep back day from multiple angles is pure awesome. Love the pump, love the feel and simply love that “I am strong!” feeling.

I know it’s stupid. But whatever gets you through the gym man.

5 Mins Stationary Bike
5 Mins Static Stretch, Joint Loosening
Bentover Barbell Row – 2 x 15 (135 lb); 10 + 10 + 8 + 7 (225)
Laying Leg Curl – 10 + 8 + 6 + 5 (2 plt)
Single Arm T-Bar Row – 4 x 8 (2 plt)
Laying Leg Curl – 4 x 12 (1 plt)
Wide Grip Pulldown – 10 + 10 + 10 + 8 (“200”)
Cable Latissimus Pressdown – 4 x 10 (“100”)
Back Hyperextension – 10
Hanging Knee Lift – 12
Ball Planks Rollouts – 12
                Core Circuit 3 x
45 Minute Outdoor Walk

My knee was a little wonky on the Heavy Leg Curls which is why I nixed stiff leg deaders last night to really emphasize the squeeze and motion for my hams and to get more fluidity into the joint. It seemed to get the job done as I had no issues on the stationary bike this morning with my 20 minute wake up.

That’s it that’s all for today. Thanks to everyone for the comments on yesterday’s workout plan. Any and all feedback welcomed and enjoyed.

AK

No comments:

Post a Comment