Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Goodlife? Possibly ..... Very Possibly ....

On the quest for "New Gym" I made a trip to the Goodlife Fitness on Kenaston. This location is wonderful, well laid out, clean, nicely stocked with equipment and completely on of my way for convenience. That said, having a one stop shop for tanning / training / cardio / coffee (there's a Tim Horton's sharing the same parking lot!) is actually worth a bit of a trip.

And the fact that they are opening another Goodlife Gym within 5 blocks of my house in the coming months is a compelling argument for it as well.

While I am not keen on the idea of bi-weekly membership fees (big fan of one and done membership rates) this place is pretty stacked. And while I don't like some of the weight benches (definitely made for smaller dudes without as much of a wingspan) that is a small gripe given everythign else available to folks like myself.

Plus, no membership fee signup if I dotted line that sumbitch before Jan 31st (hello New Year's Resolutioners Incentives).

Decisions. Decisions.

Anyways. Great set up. Banged off a quality Chest Workout as well.

Arc trainer - 5 Minute warmup
Flat Bench 2 x 15 (135); 7 + 5 (225); 6 + 6 (205); 9 (185)
Hammer Strength Incline Press 10 + 10 + 8 + 7 ("80")
Incline Dumbbell Fly 12 + 12 + 10 + 10 (55lbs)
High Angle Cable Fly 4 x 12 ("25")
Ab Roller Oblique Crusher Thingie 3 x 10 / 10 / 10 (this kicked ass)
Back Hyperextensions - 3 x 12
Arc Trainer 20 mins (367 cals)

So yeah, big fan.

Also, gotta get more than 5 hours of sleep a night. Got all caught up working on a project (re: video games) and it's sapped me of my strength and endurance. Still hit it hard with very short inervals between all of my sets (45 - 60 seconds max) but I just felt weak overall. Gotta be smarter.

Now if y'all will excuse me, I hear a Subway Sandwich calling my name. Loudly.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
The Champ Defends His Title HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment