Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 December 2011

Squat Til' You Can't & Does Anyone Have a Set of Calipers I Can Borrow?

Yep. I did squats today and Good Lord am I gonna regret that come tomorrow morning. As much as I already dislike "Leg Day Hell" doing full on squats makes my knees and lower back a cranky cranky man on the day after.

I decided to continue my trend of training legs in a different environment just in the hopes of a scenery change being a good choice for inspiration. Worked out fairly well too. I am turning out to be a big fan of the weight room at the Fort Rouge Leisure Centre. It's a sharp, clean and compact environment with enough equipment for everyone and not overly busy (at least not at 9AM when I prefer training).

Big fan of that set-up. I might have to snag a City Membership in 2012.

However with that said I was forced to laugh once I finished my warm up only to realize that the only Leg Press machine in the establishment was being occupied by a woman with her Personal Trainer standing guard over her. After taking a lap around the room once just to see if they were wrapping up this exercise and hoping to sneak in, I reluctantly made the choice to toe up to teh squat rack and take the health of my knees into my own ... legs (I guess).

So of course I was in no way surprised when upon completeing my second warmup set that te lady and ehr trainer wrapped up and moved on.

Ah well - in for a penny .....

Stationary Bike 5 Mins Warmup (light)
Barbell Squats 1 x 15 (empty) 2 x 12 (1 plate); 2 x 8 (1.75 plates); 2 x 4 (2.15 plates); 1 x 8 (1.75 plates); 1 x 10 (1 plate)
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3 x 8; 1 x 6; 1 x 5 (80 lbs, 60 second rest)
Hamstring Curl 2 x 12; 1 x 10; 1 x 8; 1 x 6 ("75" , 45 second rest)
Dbl Leg Quad Extension 5 x 10 ("110", 45 second rest)
Calf Raise 4 x 15 ("210" 30 second rest)
Stationary Bike 20 Mins (moderate)

Currently my legs feel fine. I am fully anticipating a swollen right knee tomorrow - though I would be exceptionally happy to be wrong in this instance!

Chest and Biceps tomorrow. Also planning to do the dreaded "Body Measurements" and post them up here for all to give not a single fuck about. However, this record is more for ME than anything else as I have said ad nauseum. So we'll see what happens. In truth, I would like to find a set of calipers to see if I could get a relatively decent BF% measurement. Any suggestions? Inbox me or leave a comment.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Ho Ho Ho !!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment