Total Pageviews

Monday 5 December 2011

Leg Day ; The "Tragically Hip" of My Weekly Routine

Traditionally, this is the body part that I preach to others as being the "most important" and yet often ends up being the one that I skip myself.

All the usual reasons apply:

"I'm too tired"

"My knee is kinda tight, might not be safe."

"Man, I only have like 75 minutes to train today, don't think I'll fit it in."

Yadda yadda yadda - All of this is code for "I'm a pussy, and I don't wanna do it 'cause it's no fun."

Sad but true. At least I can admit it.

The fact remains the same: Leg Day is the most important day of your training cycle. While I am in about Zero Danger of being one of those guys at the gym with pencil legs and top heavy arms, the simple truth is that I need strong legs to carry the rest of my fat ass around on a Monday to Friday (and beyond) basis.

Two knee surgeries? Leg training strengthens the muscles around and the safe, controlled motion lubricates the joint.

No Time for Legs? My program (currently) consists of 4 exercises and a warm up /cool-down. Timed myself today and completed the whole thing in 78 minutes flat.

Out of excuses? Then pony up pussy and get those gams blasted.

X-Trainer - 15 Mins warmup
Walking Lunges - 4 x Failure
Leg Press - 7 x (6-8)
Stiff Leg Deadlift (Dumbbell) - 7 x(6-8)
Lying Leg Curl - 5 x (6-10)
Quad Extension - 5 x (10-12)
X-Trainer -15 Minutes cool-down

That's it, That's all. Short as possible rest breaks between each set, you're already set up in every position / station. Hit it hard and move on.

The sweat I break by the time I start doing the deaders is greater than most teenage boys get when they try to call that "special girl" for the first time. Worse than until I get into 20 minutes of cardio. Your legs are the biggest muscle group in your body, and the more you work them - the more calories you burn and the leaner you can get. Simple math.

Tomorrow is "Cardio / Yoga" day. I'll flip the coin after I wake up and will report back accordingly.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback on this blog so far. I hope it's enjoyable to read, cause I enjoy the writing. And if one of the ads on this page catches your eye, feel free to click and follow. Would make my bank account happy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have chicken to pre-cook, DVD covers to design, and a New "Outlaw T-Shirt" to approve.

AK

Follow Me on Twitter - @OutlawAK
FaceBook - www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Outlaw-Adam-Knight/9828497922
Outlaw Gear - www.cafepress.com/OutlawAKGear





No comments:

Post a Comment