Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 December 2011

The Difference A Year Can Make

As I sit here knowing that I am not ready to hit the gym again quite yet (at least not until the last remains of this chest cold evaporate from my lungs) I feel somewhat obligated to update this here blog. With that said, I looked into my files for some inspiration.

What I found, was evidence.

Evidence that over the past 12 months of training I actually managed to make some progress in my training, which is something that on a month-to-month basis I have a difficult time acknowledging.

Typically I spent the majority of 2011 concentrating on increasing my muscular density and endurance and didn't worry so much about fat loss. As a result, I succeeded in adding about 15 pounds to my bodyweight (much to my shock) and only about 1% to my bodyfat (much to my shagrin).

Dec 2010


Dec 2011
 

For the record, I am very self conscious about doing this. Unlike a lot of my "peers" for lack of a better term, I aint really all that cool with uploading these cell camera pics of myself and slapping them online. Despite the whole "wrestling thing" I have never really been a big "Look at me! Look at me!" kinda guy. More of an actions speaking louder than words, even though I also like to use a lot of words...... where was I?

Right - So I don't like cell camera pimpage.

With that said, I am quite proud of this change. Definitely more size in the shoulders and back region, the arms have more girth and the chest is what it is.

NOW the goal for 2012 - which is a not uncommon goal for most - Is to finally take that handful I am pinching and reduce it siginificantly. By the PCW:X 10th Anniversary Show I am wanting to be able to slap on the boots and trunks (and ONLY trunks) with a modicum of confidence . With that said, I think I am gonna have to talk with my personal training buddies about this whole nutrition thing again and see what needs to be done. My overall health is fine, but if I plan to keep wrestling for another couple of years, I refuse to do it at a level less than my personal best.

So it's time to "Athlete it Up"; go visit Dave over at Meyers to get me some better supplementation thingies and to really focus on the belly-be-gone philosophy.

Here's hoping the Dec 2012 pic is an even greater improvement. Stay tuned.

AK

No comments:

Post a Comment