Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Overtraining Sucks, But You Gotta Train When You Can

So yeah, I posted my last update at 1:18AM. By 1:30 PM I was up and back in the pit. Sometimes my schedule sucks. Sure I only got about 5 hours of sleep today - that's what coffee and other stimulants are for.

On an unrelated note; while I am a huge fan of the new Airport Terminal here in Winnipeg I am not a fan of no longer intuitively knowing where to go about parking for pick-ups and dropoffs. I realize to otehr folks who are more used to this style of terminal to parking ratio that it is really very "idiot proof". However, as previously stated -I Get Hit in the Head a Lot so i will have to be an idiot a few more times until I gets it I figure. Ah well.

Lovely spot.

Back Day Rules. After reading some of the excellent articles over at Simply Shredded advising tips and techniques for muscle volumization to fat loss / calorie burning ratio I tweaked my workout thusly.

Limber Up 5 Minutes
Wide Grip Chins 4 x failure (which for me is around 3-5 reps ... I'm heavy, ok!)
Barbell Deadlifts 2 x 6; 2 x 4 (275lbs - 45 seconds rest)
Dumbbell Row  1 x 10; 9; 8; 7 (80 lbs - 30-45 seconds rest)
Wide Grip Pulldown 2 x 8; 2 x 7 ("200"-racked  - 30-45 seconds rest)
T-Bar Wide Grip 1 x10; 1 x 8 (3 plates); 1 x 10 (2.5 plates); 1 x 15 (2 plates - 30-45 seconds rest)
Close Grip Pulldown Dropset   4 ("200"); 6 ("150"); 10 ("100"); 10("60")
X-Trainer 16 minutes 267 cals

Weight Routine hammered out in 30 minutes. Getting on that elliptical was torture as I wanted nothing more than to just sit down and sip my protein shake until sliding onto some mats and having a sweaty nap.

Crazy pump though.

Day off tomorrow. Looking at a cardio / yoga day. Coin will be flipped.

And yes, measurements. I suck - it will happen okay? (judgemental motherlovers I swear).

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Outlaw Gear !!

No comments:

Post a Comment