Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Cold Fought, Now back to Fighting the Fatness Of Me

Nothing quite like the first day back in the gym after a few days post-chest cold filled. Every few mins having to stop, cough up some lingering crap and then continue.

I know, gross right? Let's move on.

Back Day Rules:
X-Trainer 15 mins warm up
Overhead Dumbbell Raise - 4 x 12 (50 lb)
Deadlift - 4 x 6 (225 lb - I know, I know - I'm a pussy Dalton, Give me a few more weeks and I'll be back up to 3 plates okay?)
Dumbbell Row - 5 x 5 NO REST (80 lb)
Wide Grip Pulldown - 4 x 10 "180"
Close Grip Pulldown - 4 x 10 "180"
Wide Grip T-Bar Row - 4 x 15 (2 plates)

Overall not bad. Starting Thursday (tomorrow is Leg Day) I am going to start adding windsprints / HIIT cardio for 15 minutes post weights to get my lungs back into the "Haul ass - hold back" mentality I need for wrestling at my peak efficiency.

Had a great conversation today with Dave over at Muscles By Meyers as I was shopping for supplements. For those of you spending too much on your workout gear at other places, or if you just have any questions about the type of stuff you are taking / should be taking you gotta go into Meyers and talk to the staff there. It's more than just a sales gig for these people, it's a lifestyle. After talking with Dave about my plans for the next 12 weeks and what I was thinking of buying, Dave steered me away from the supps' I was looking at and pointed me towards gear more focused on what would help me best AND did it despite the fact that it cost him another $80 in gear.

The pros in this province all go to Meyers, and service like that is the reason why.

Leg Day tomorrow, expect some crying.

And thanks to everyone who's read this blog so far and commented on it to me in messages and emails. I don't expect people to read this and go "wow this guy really knows his shit, I should get his advice" 'cause obviously I am just a rank amateur who has food addiction issues (hence continued belly fatness). Again, this is designed to be MY Personal Diary / Evidence Trail to convince myself that I can't make excuses that are lame, because then I would have to tell the "world" about it.

And while some folks have no hypocrisy issues, I ain't built like that.

Thanks for reading,

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Buy An Outlaw T-Shirt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment