Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Writing About Workouts Gets Redundant, Thankfully I Know How To Spell "Redundant"

It's true. I didn't need a spell checker or wikipedia or anything.

For realz, yo.

(I am so old.)

So yeah, yesterday was fun. Grooving away on the Elliptical X-Trainer for an hour doing Interval Cardio. And by "fun" I mean "dreadfully boring." Don't get me wrong, the awesomeness of TSN's Sportcentre's endless recapping of the Tebowmania upset win over the Pittsburgh Steelers was indeed fun, but frankly I didn't need to watch the same damn highlights for - once again - an hour.

Thankfully it looks like returning to a wrestling training facility is about to begin for me (and others) here in the Great White Winnipeg. Nothing beats in-ring training for cardio. Simply nothing. Fingers crossed, this should be a real positive.

With that said, I actually did do some weight lifting today, so I should probably talk about it for a moment or two - that is kinda the the other focus here.

Elevated Feet Pullups - 10 + 10 + 9 + 7 (Body Weight) - 45 second rest
Half Deadlift 10 (135); 10 (225); 3 (315); 5 (275); 8 (225); 10 (185) - 45 second rest
Dumbbell Row 10 + 8 + 8 + 8 (80) - 45 second rest
Bentover Barbell Row 6 (225); 8 (205); 2 x 10 (185) - 45 second rest
T-Bar Row 8 (3 plates); 3 x 10 (2.5 plates) - 45 second rest
Wide Grip Pulldowns 8 + 8 + 6 + 6 ("200") - 30 second rest
X-Trainer 15 mins (235 cals)

So yeah, I am feeling pretty damned good about now. The dropsets are a nice addition to my training once again. Allowing me to really push / pull hard on the heavier sets and get a really signicant pump once I get into a higher rep range. Very productive.

Also switched over to the Half Deadlifts this week (utilizing a Weight Bench) in an effort to concentrate on my form as I have noticed a bit of lower back pain recently. Deadlifts are King however - gotta be done.

Premier Championship Wrestling returns to Winnipeg on Jan 26th, be sure to head on down to the Marquee Event Centre in order to catch me defening the PCW Heavyweight Championship.

No other news to add at this point. As always thanks to everyone for checking me out here. Had a great conversation with an Aussie friend of mine recently; you never know what the future has in store for the "Outlaw" so I'd better get my fat ass in shape already.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Outlaw Gear !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment