Total Pageviews

Monday 16 January 2012

My Phone is a Piece of Crap and so is the Sales Department at SHAPES Fitness

Yep, this Blackberry pearl I bought on sale like 16 months ago is officially almost totally dead and worthless. Loses signal strength, connectivity and all that other crap every five minutes. Completely useless. In the process looking for a replacement phone that will work on the MTS system that I can swap it in for as I only have about a year left on my contract and I have ZERO interest in renewing.

Piss me off.

But not quite as much as the Sales Department at SHAPES Fitness in Winnipeg.

Full disclosure : I first began my trip to better health and less fatness at SHAPES. At the time I signed up for a 3 month plan which I was assured would NOT be automatically renewed. Needless to say, when my time expired and I was ready to move on - I gave my notice and - lo and behold - I was automatically renewed.

Didn't bother me much; I refused to pay. Until I tried to get a car loan 5 years later and found a lein on my credit rating. Much swearing into a telephone and a threatened in person visit to discuss the situation further later and "we" agreed to half the amount "I owed" just to clear it from my credit rating.

So yeah, bad experience.

So why am I talking to Sales Reps at SHAPES?

1) 24 hours availability
2) Right down the street from my house
3) I need a change of scenery from my current gym

Don't get me wrong, the Office Gym is well stocked and big on privacy which I love. But at the same time I amstarting to feel claustrophobic at times when it's 3AM and I am sweating balls in there.

I know, it sounds weird. But I think it's time.

Anyways, the Sales reps are designed to make a person "Sign now, ask no questions and get to it." And frankly I ain't interested much in a gym where I can't read the actual membership rates online.

That said, it is a lovely facility. So I may just swallow my pride and go for it.

Stay tuned.

That said, having a different selection of equipment and machinery to play with is always a fun thing for me.

Hammer Strength Pulldown 12 (1 plate); 10 (2 plt); 6 + 6 + 5 (3 plt); 8 (2.5 plt); 10 (2 plt) - 45 second rest
Dumbbell Row 5 (120 lb); 6 (110); 8 (100); 9 (90) - 30 second rest
Bentover Barbell Row 6 + 6 (235 lb); 9 + 8 (185); 12 (135) - 45 second rest
Wide Grip Pulldown 4 x 6 ("200") - 45 second rest
Lat Pressdown 4 x 12 ("60") - 20 second rest
Back Hyperextension 3 x 12 (body) - 20 second rest
Dumbbell Obliques 15 + 12 + 12 (45 lb) NO REST
X-Trainer 20 mins (340 cals)

Was really huffing and drenched on that X-Trainer today. Different design and a lot smoother of a run. Was really able to kick it up a nothc. Felt fantastic.

So yeah, Jury's out on the whole Gym Thing. Gonna try a few other places this week I figure. Will have to make a decision sooner than later I figure.

Until then, I'll just power up the cardio and hit it hard.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Outlaw Gear

No comments:

Post a Comment