Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Back in the Saddle, Trying to Sweat Off My Saddlebags

So yeah, I couldn't help myself. After a relaxing sleep, some quality video gamage and food prep I managed to haul my lard-like butt into the gym and decided that the best way to enjoy the Canada vs Russia semi-final game in the World Juniors was by training some Heavy Back Dropsets.

Before I get started however, I actually want to give props to our Canadian Boys. Sure, you had a lot of challenges in that second period, but when they chips were down and it was do or die you pulled it together and made a real game of it in the third. 6-5 is nothing to be ashamed of. No go out there tomorrow night and bring home that bronze medal!

#ILoveHockey

#IHateDeadlifts



X-Trainer 5 Mins Warmup
Chins 4 x 4 (Body Weight - Not doing this again next week)
Deadlifts 2 x 3 (315 lbs); 2 x 6 (225 lbs) - 60 Seconds Rest
Dumbbell Row 4 x 10 (80 lbs) - 60 Seconds Rest
Wide Grip Bentover Barbell Row 1 x 10; 1 x 7 (205 lbs); 1 x 9 (185 lbs); 1 x 15 (135 lbs) - 30 Seconds Rest
Wide Grip Pulldown 1 x 6 ("200"); 6 ("180"); 8 ("150"); 10 ("120") - 30 Seconds Rest
X-Trainer 15 mins Intervals (255 cals)

Haven't gone hard on dropsets like that in a while. Felt really good to pop up the 3 Plates on the deadlifts. Been at least a year since I've tried going that heavy. Next week I will warm up with the Elevated Chins to get a fuller stretch in my lats, hopefully that'll give me an even bigger pump when I go for the deaders again.

And only 4 exercises tonight (I can't count those chins, that was a disgrace). I wanted a bit of a change, and was soaked with sweat midway through the Dumbbell Rows which told me to hit my major exercises and move on. I mean, T-Bar rows and Close Grip pulldowns are good as well, but when you're lats are tapped, they're tapped.

So yeah, good times tonight. I feel real strong which is always a good feeling. So now I am gonna sip on some green tea and stay up all knight working on some business. Have a great night everyone.

AK

No comments:

Post a Comment