Total Pageviews

Friday 13 January 2012

Best Thing About A Shitty Mood? Great Motivation Power

True story.

Woke up on the stereotypical "wrong side of the bed" today. Completely grumpy. Nothing could make me feel better. Not my cutely fighting pups. Not the Jets game on the radio (though their 2 to nothing loss at home sure didn't help). Not my already prepared meals for the day. Not the freezing cold temperatures outside making my SUV a popsicle to drive once I got into it. Not knowing that I was named Indy Pro Wrestling's Hunk of the Day.

Nothing.
 
But now, 30 minutes after my workout?

Okay fine, I'm still grumpy. But at least I ain't likely to rip somebody's face off verbally or otherwise.

Call it a win.

With that said, being pissed off is terrific motivation to push harder than usual at the gym. While my numbers are all in and around the same levels, the intensity behind each rep felt more emphatic, and done with real emotion.

Just like I tell the boys in wrestling workouts - "When you can feel it, it means so much more - not just to the audience but to you!"

Flat Bench 2 x 10 (135); 8 + 6 (225); 8 + 7 + 6 (205) -45 second rest
Incline Dumbbell Press 6 (80); 8 + 6 (70); 9 (65) -45 second rest
Barbell Curl 7 + 7 + 6 + 6 (135) -45 second rest
Incline Dumbbell Fly 40 (12); 45 (12); 10 + 9 (50) -45 second rest
Dumbbell Curl 7 + 7 + 6 + 6 (50) -30 second rest
Standing Cable Fly 12 + 10 + 9 + 7 ("70") -30 second rest
Inside Dumbbell Curl 6 (40); 8 (35); 10 (30); 12 (25) -No Rest
Rising Cable Fly 12 + 10 + 10 + 8 ("40") -20 second rest

Loved the vascularity pump in my forearms. Was hard not to notice it on both arms. A nice change, and good to know that either the muscles are growing or the fat cells are depleting. I'll take it.

My wrist pain on the barbell curls was still in existance, but managed to hold my grip steady and avoid unnecessary motions this week. That seemed to help a lot. Also changing from a pre-exhaust on the chest (starting with Flys, then the bench) was overdue. Feeling nice and taut today.

I owe myself a proper cardio day, which I may just do tomorrow / Saturday. I have ring training at 10 AM, plus I am finally meeting Jon from Muscles By Meyers to get my bf% tested right before that. Maybe I'll just save the cardio blast for then - and try to lessent he bad news somewhat.

We'll see.

Thanks as always for reading. Pleased to note that my blog has now passed the 1000 hits marker, which is kinda remarkable given I have been doing this less than a month. Good to see.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Outlaw Tees!!
Outlaw Video of the Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment