Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 February 2012

One Month From Target

Current Time: 9:09AM, Feb 28, 2012Current Weight: 286 lbs
Distance From Target: 26 lbs
Days Remaining: 32

Thankfully it's a Leap Year otherwise I would be really screwed on this last month of my goal to get to 260 and 10% bodyfat.

Seriously, I have sucked ass at this. My training has been good, and the nutrition started out strong. but with 2 road trips in February, the temptation to eat like a moron has killed me.

Also, as I was training today I noticed a LOT of pain on my joints that hadn't been there prior to this beginning.

This tells me a few things:

1) I am too heavy
2) I am lifting too heavy
3) I took a pretty big beating with 10 matches in February

Now, I love to wrestle and plan to continue doing so at a high level and pace. But clearly I have shocked my body and it is responding with pain and grief.

So - It is time to train smarter.

Beginning this morning (despite a horribly upset stomach) I managed to hit the gym and focused on higher reps and greater intensity.

I am hoping to be able to get into a complete shred and take my ego (re: balls) out of the equation. it seems no matter how much research i do, or how much logic I put into my training. I always want to try and be "Bigger, badder, manlier!!!" When in truth what I really want to be is "Lighter, healthier and leaner."

And I've got 32 Days to get it right.

Fingers crossed.

Hello eggwhites and asparagus.  Let's get reacquianted.

This morning (before throwing up in the locker room):

Smith Machine Flat Bench 15 (1 plate); 4 x 12 (2 plt)
Incline Dumbbell Deep Press 4 x 10 (55 lbs)
Standing Cable Fly 4 x 12 ("60")

And then I made into the shower fast enough to avoid having to mop up the gym floor.

Too much info? Yeah, I had to live it today.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
PCW:X

No comments:

Post a Comment