Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 February 2012

10 Matches in 4 Shows, Shoulder Day, Good Weekend Ahead

Well after an incredibly long week where sleep seemed impossible to catch up on I have somehow managed to finally secure 6 hours of consecutive shuteye. It's not perfect and I know for a fact that I will need much more in the days ahead. Thankfully with a weekend schedule that appears to be wide open and ready for family, friends and fun a little bit of insomnia is just what Dr Outlaw ordered.

With the Jets Game on at 2PM I should have everything for my soiree confirmed and completed (or at least percolating in my slow cookers by then) to be able to enjoy some quality home-team hockey excitement. #GoJetsGo as they say. We're in Playoff Position now and need to stay that way boys.

Part of the exhaustion comes from the number of matches I put my body through over the course of 7 days. Sure, a younger more virile and quicker-to-recover version of me would have relished the opportunity to perform 10 times in 4 shows. A wiser, more decrepid and less recovery-prone version of me (which would be the current version of me) had a tougher issue with it.

But I am not complaining in the slightest. I know for a fact that were my schedule to pick up to the point where I was working this consistently all the time, that within one month I would be firing on all cylinders and be able to "go" every night.

However, that isn't my current reality.

Regardless, a tremendous night of pro wrestling fun took place last evening at PCW's Thunderstruck. I successfully defended my Heavyweight Title in a series of matches, Guantlet Style and then helped my boys in "Europe United" secure the PCW Tag Team Titles in a 6 Man Tag - we were under exceptional rules, allowing for such chicanery to occur you see.

All Wrestling Roads lead to the Historic PCW:X - TENTH ANNIVERSARY SPECTACULAR. Odds are I will be plugging this event relentlessly in the coming weeks, including video updates and the like. Very few independant wrestling companies make it out of their first year, never mind 10!. An accomplishment to say the least.

And finally, in preparation for the event I managed to swoll my shoulders in an impressive fashion if I do say so myself.

Standing Barbell Press  25 (empty bar); 20 (65 lbs); 3 x 10 (95 lbs)
Wide Grip Upright Row / Dumbbell Shrugs Superset  4 x 8 (135 lbs) / 4 x 15 (80 lbs)
Rear Delt Dumbbell Fly 4 x 8 (55 lbs)
Front Plate Raise 2 x 10 (45 lb plate)
Standing Side Lateral Raise 4 x 8 (35 lbs); 15 (15 lbs)
Rotator Cuff Extension 3 x 10 ("30")
Rotator Cuff Curl 3 x 10 ("30")

Great pump, better sweat.

Hitting up the lats and back in about 2 hours. No Deadlifts for another week I think. Just started physiotherapy on my knee and untill that starts to kick in I ain't interested in pushing the joint any harder than I have to.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
PCW:X - Tell Your Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment