Total Pageviews

Friday 10 February 2012

Jets Comeback, SMASH Closing, Avoid Pancake House, And ... Oh Yeah A Workout!

Couple of non-workout related items to get off my chest like the barbells I shove to impress the ladies (..... Anyone? Matt Leibl? Filthy Josh's Wife? Anyone?) before I get into the usual talking about training points.

Story the First:

Big props to my home team Winnipeg Jets for refusing to quit last night in Washington DC against Oveichkin and the Capitals. Some media in this town are all over the hometown heroes for being "soft" in the opening period. And while I would agree that they did not put forth their best efforts at the start it was remarkable to watch everyone rally together and start the third period so strongly. Until the delayed (#Bullshit) call for slashing that led to the Capitals goal, the Jets stayed strong and played hard in the offensive zone.

Sure, the refs seemed to go out of their way to even the questionable calls - leading to the Jets having a 2 Man Advantage. Add in the freakish luck of Byfuglien hammering home a goal from centre ice and we have a whole new hockey game.

"Winning is Everything" as they say, and even an ugly win is a win. Good work boys. Now you gotta head into Pittsburgh to do it all over again. I'll be watching.

Sad News the Second:

It is with great sadness that I forward the info from my home away from home in Japan that SMASH Pro Wrestling is closing up shop after it's announced events. TAJIRI and the rest of the SMASH crew gave me a second chance to live my dream of competing in Japan after a disastrous knee-blowing-out-in-training-fail back in 2007.

SMASH put on 25 huge events and had begun touring around the usual hotspot in Japan for "puroresu" and had appeared to be succeeding. As it turns out - possibly after tsunami related cancellations - things were not as positive as they seemed.

To everyone of my fiends and extended wrestling family in Japan, I raise my whisky tonight to you in salute. Ariagato for everything. Kampai!

Point the Third: Avoid the Pancake House in the Forks Market from now on. Back in the day (re: 6 or 7 years ago) this was my favorite place to grab some breakfast. Good atmosphere. Close to downtown and excellent service.

After waiting 20 minutes to have someone take my order, my desire for Eggs / Pancakes was already blunted. Receiving an overcooked omelet, dry pancakes and the saddest selection of tomato slices in the history of tomato slices to replace hash browns ever .... #PostWorkoutBreakfastFail.

Shoulda just come home and made it myself. Not like I don't have all the right ingredients.

Noted. Shared. Moving on.

Great workout this morning. Back the EK-YMCA for another change of pace. Always good to see new / old faces and to enjoy the family atmosphere.

Incline Hammer Strength Press 15(1 plt); 12 (2); 10 (3); 6 + 5 + 4 (3.25); 7 (3)
Incline Dumbbell Fly 4 x 12 (55 lbs)
Hammer Curls / Dumbbell Curls Superset (60 / 30 lbs) 3 Sets
Hammer Strength Flat Press 10 (2 plt); 8 + 6 + 6 (2.75)
Cable Fly 4 x 12 ("70")
Dumbbell Oblique / Back Hyperextension / Barbell Curl Superset to failure

And yeah. Huge sweat by the time that was all said and done. Belly began screaming at me for some non-post-workout shake nourishment. And thus the Pancake House incident.

Ah well.

Thanks as always for reading folks. I should be back online tomorrow ish.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment