Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 April 2012

Way behind still on my updates and I apologize to that for all my regular readers (and for you snarky folks, yes I have a few). Gonna do my utmost to have more than 1 post a week again very soon.

I have a workout post that I’ll tag to the end of this but more importantly I have to talk about the PCW DEFIANCE show last Thursday here in Winnipeg.

First and foremost, props love and respect to all of my brothers in the ring that night. Up against the NHL Playoffs on our usual Thursday night after a longer than usual delay between events and our Hardcore Faithful who showed up were more than into the event and were very happy with the efforts put forth.

A few things to emphasize if anyone will listen to this beat up old dude:

1) Take care of your body. In the Art of Pro Wrestling the ring may be our canvas but it is our bodies that paint the picture. Now an abstract Picasso maybe exciting to watch but does it really carry as much emotional weight as a well-crafted Rembrandt?

….. I’m losing you?

Right.

Metaphor Aside, don’t kill yourselves out there Boys! At least 3 guys came to the back after the show aching and agonizing because of doing something unnecessary and stupidly risky on the show. Now – there IS a time and place for that sort of high risk activity as I am guilty of this sort of behaviour as well (My doctors, physical therapists and surgeons can attest to that) but please take it from someone who knows, you don’t have to beat yourself up every night.

2) Getting the chance to start the Premier Rumble with Kenny Omega made me smile. I have watched Kenny develop his craft from the time he was a scrawny 16 year old kid to now where he is arguably one of the best Puro / Pro Wrestlers on the Planet. Our confrontation was brief but exciting and always a pleasure.

3) This one will raise a few eyebrows amongst the critics but it needs to be said. Props to my opponent Jay Walker. Jay has been hanging around PCW for a few years now and is primarily known as the ring crew / referee / web designer / social media guy. In recent months he has had the opportunity to develop further, shown up for ring time training on his off hours and really begin to develop into an all-around performer. He ain’t the biggest or the most athletic guy, but he is a student of the business and more than just WANTING to Improve, he makes steps in ORDER to improve. In our match he gave me the best efforts in his arsenal and had a terrific showing for it. Good job kid, now for Pity’s Sake get some meat on those bones!

Again, thanks to everyone who came out. PCW’s Next Event will be May 31st at the MARQUEE Event Centre in Winnipeg!

*****

I’ve missed two gym updates and can’t remember everything I did for Chest / Quads. So I’ll just give my most recent one here:

5 Mins static stretching, joint loosening
5 Mins Stationary bike
Overhead Dumbbell Press – 15 (40 lb); 15 (50); 10 + 10 + 8 (70); 10 (60)
Wide Dumbbell Upright Row – 10 + 10 + 8 + 8 (60 lb)
Bentover Delt Fly – 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 (50 lb)
Standing Side Lateral Raise – 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 (30 lb)
Barbell Front Raise – 4 x Fail (Olympic Bar)
Superset Last 2
Hanging Knee Lifts – 3 x Fail
Ball Planks / Roll-outs – 3 x fail

That’s it and that’s all. Guns and Cardio later on today, will have an update tomorrow (fingers crossed)

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Osborne House

No comments:

Post a Comment