Total Pageviews

Friday 13 April 2012

Physiotherapy, Well Rested For A Change

Amazing what a proper 8 hours of sleep can do for an Outlaw's demeanour. Woke up. Sun was shining. After getting some quality ham and salad into my system and walking the dogs, I felt damned good.

Course that was followed by a long assed morning of running around across town four or five times between my doctor's office, the X-Ray techs and my new physiotherapy place. Nothing in specific is wrong with me, but since my wonky knee has been somewhat more wonky than usual I was hoping to get my doctor to write a prescription recommending more deep tissue massage for my abused knee.

However, my doctor is a bit of a prick - which is cool, I respect that about him - and he made me go and get and X-Ray AND start seeing a physiotherapist before signing off on said 'script.

And let's face it, I AM getting up there in years. Plus with early onset asteoarthritis in my poor abused knee (17 years of pro wrestling represent) it doesn't hurt to explore all of my options.

Didn't mean I wanted to spend my entire morning running between doctor's offices however.

As for the physio ... Well, I don't want to shit on it too much as it was only the first session. But frankly aside from the advice to "Stretch the joint a bit more often and make sure to properly warm up your knees before any exercise and will that be cash or charge?" I'm not sure it's worth it. They'll get one more session from me, but if it's as weak sauce as that first one I'm just gonna go and get the massage therapy to break down the scar tissue. I can stretch and ride a bike without paying $70 a shot for it.

However I will admit, making the time to properly warm up before starting weights today did seem to make me feel more prepared. Gotta remain patient, the weights'll still be on their racks when I get off the bike.

5 mins static stretching, joint loosening
5 mins stationary bike, medium resistence
Hanging Dips - 12 + 11 + 11 + 11 (Body Weight)
Barbell Curls - 4 x 12 (95 lb)
45-Degree Dumbbell Extension - 15 (60 lb) + 15 (70) + 12 (80)
Standing Dumbbell Curl - 3 x 10 (40 lb)
Wide Grip Cable Extensions - 3 x 12 ("130" - Rev. Grip)
Inside Dumbbell Curls - 3 x 15 (20 lb - SQUEEZE)
15 mins X-Train Intervals - 285 cals

Overall a terrific pump, great sweat and feeling nice and limber in the pins. Gotta keep this momentum going. Vegas next week - but there's a gym in the hotel so I see more training in my future. And PCWs DEFIANCE on April 26th!

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Osborne House

No comments:

Post a Comment