Total Pageviews

Monday 23 April 2012

Cauliflower Alley, PCWs DEFIANCE and Yes I Hit The Gym

I had fully intended to update this page at least twice last week from my hotel in Vegas. However, Once I got there and realized that the Gold Coast was gonna charge me to use the Wi-Fi in my room, I got all "Indy Worker" and decided my money was better spent on lunches, buying beers for the vets and gimmicks to bring home.

For the record however, I did hit the fitness facility on site 3 times. And while it certainly wasn't the Las Vegas Gold's Gym, it was adequate to achieve a sweat and a decent pump. So, not a total write off.

Where does one begin about meeting legends, making contacts and having the networking opportunity of a lifetime?

I shal start with regret - for not having attended this event many years ago. Without question, I have done more for my career in 3 days then I had done in the 17 years prior. Meeting professionals in multiple fields of study (wrestling, to film and more) establishign relationships with them and opening avenues of dialogue in a setting that is built for just such a thing?

Invaluable.

www.CauliflowerAlleyClub.org

Join the club, attend the convention. Worth every second / penny.

Some notable highlights:

- Meeting all of the GLOW girls in attendance. Amazing to see how many of them have branched off from humble beginnings of learning to work at the hands of Mondo Guerrero to film 2 seasons of TV and turned that into a myriad of professional careers outside of wrestling. All of these classy ladies were approachable for the fans in attendance and very appreciative of the workers inattendance for respecting their contributions to the industry at a time when Women in Wrestling was pretty much non-existant.

- B. Brian Blair entered the 30+ man Battle Royal on the Monday night to a huge pop from myself and the other boys. In his 50's for certain, he showed up in full "Killer Bees" gear and was arguably in the best shape of his life. Went bell to bell showed the crew of scrawny barely trained fools (not all of them of course, just the ones who need jobbing out) what a Professional Wrestler looks and acts like in a ring. Fantastic surprise.

- Being able to be present when "Gorgeous" Michelle Starr recieved his CAC Award for current Active Male Wrestler. Starr has trained over 80 quality performers based out of the West Coast in his 25 year career and been an institution in that region as well as touring abroad in Europe, Japan, Korea and many more places. A stand up human being and a good man. Very glad I was present for that.

That's just a sampling of memories off the top of my head. Having the chance to reconnect with my peers from across North America and meet people through them whom I am familiar with has been an unbelievable thrill for me. This may have been my first trip to Cauliflower Alley, but I shall return. Guaranteed.

*****

This Thursday I return to the ring for PCWs: DEFIANCE.

Event Link HERE

Fun Write Up HERE

9PM Belltime, $10 at the door, Guaranteed good times and exciting Pro Wrestling Action!

*****

Back to the weight pit today and it felt Good!

10 Mins Warmup (Stretch, Joint Loosening, X-Trainer, Walking Lunges)
Wide Grip T-Bar Row - 15 (2plt); 15 (3); 4 x 8 (4)
Laying Hamstring Curl - 10 + 8 + 6 + 5 (90 lbs)
Incline Dumbbell Row - 4 x 10 (80 lb)
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift - 4 x 12 (50 lb)
Wide Grip Pulldown - 10 + 10 + 9 + 8 ("200" - STACK)
Cable Latissimus Pressdown - 4 x 12 ("110")
Dumbbell Obliques - 2 x 15 (55 lb)
X-Trainer - 35 mins (593 cals)

Great sweat, good to get back into the full groove. I have all these contacts now that I never had before, no chance for slacking off anymore.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Osborne House

No comments:

Post a Comment