Total Pageviews

Friday 30 March 2012

New Workout Plan Devised, Today's Review

Feelign really strong today. Food was good and on plan (more or less, 1/2 thin crust tuscan chicken pizza with a protein shake and handful of pistachios while watching the Jets game notwithstanding) and a killer shoulder, tricep and cardio routine.

I felt very lost getting into the gym tonight though. After deciding that I needed to make another change, but nothing too drastic given that I was enjoying the circuits and the high intensity / short rest breaks system I went back to the Online Fitness Bible and promptly just got overwhelmed by the glut of information provided.

Seriously, there's almost too much info there to sift through.

All I knew once I got into the gym today was that I was just gonna guage how I felt and take it from there.

Here's what I felt like:

5 minute Joint Warmup and static stretch
Overhead Dumbbell Press - 2 x 12 (40lb); 6 (70 lb) + 9 (60) + 12 (50)
Bentover Dumbbell Delt Raise - 4 x 10 (50 lb)
Dumbbell Shrugs - 3 x 15 (80 lb) - Thumbless Grip
Standing Side Lateral Raise - 12 + 12 + 10 + 9 (25 lb)
Wide Grip Tricep Pressdown - 12 ("170")
1 Arm Cable Extension - Fail ("50")
            Triceps Superset 3x
Treadmill Intervals - 20 mins (avg HR 121)

I felt so pumped after the weight training on this run. Made sure to limit my rest time between sets to 10 deep breaths and 90 seconds between exercises. Bascially just long enough to get my HR back under control and then going right away again. VERY satisfying.

And as I was going through this, I figured out how I plan to do my training split for the next few weeks. Something like:

4 Days On, 1 Day Off :

Back ; 4 -5 exercises, totalling 15 sets
Chest ; 4 -5 exercises, totalling 15 sets
Legs & BiCeps; 12 Sets for Legs, 2 for BiCeps (Superset)
Shoulders & Triceps ; See Above for an example

Each day with one Major Dropset and then high volume reps. Add in Core Training on Chest / Back Days (one exercise to failure) and 20 mins of Interval Training Cardio.

I like it. Keeping it vague but with a plan allows me to feel motivated to challenge myself with how my body feels and not feelign regimented.

What do YOU think? Comments / thoughts welcome below or via email.

Have a great weekend all, and thnaks for reading1

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Osborne House

No comments:

Post a Comment