Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 March 2012

A Few Days Late, But Still Training Hard

Sorry for the lack of updates lately folks. Been dealing with a lot of issues not training related that have taken more of my mental focus than I like to think about.

No, I will not be going into detail with them much more than what I am currently saying (which is nothing) - just accept my apology and let's move on.

Recently I have become a very big fan of IFBB Pro Dana Linn Bailey. I find this 5 foot dynamo's training videos incredibly inspiring and will freely admit that this chick is tougher than about 98% of the dudes I know. A complete package.

Recently I stumbled across this video of hers, demonstrating a "Giant Set":


And after watching her gut out this incredible effort, I knew that I had to prove to myself that I could do it.

With that said; I was SO blown up (out of breath) after each Giant Set that I seriously almost fell over on the final round. Unbelievable Pump / Sweat when I was done. X-Training of this nature is seriously something I need to bring back into my regular routines on a more consistant basis.

With that said:

GIANT SET:
Flat Bench / Squat / Cling & Press - 3 x 20 / 20 / 20 (135 / 135 / 65 lb) Yes, I made my weights the same as hers despite being over twice her size. When I do this routine again, I will be upping the weights on the bench and squat for sure.
Dumbbell Row / Wide Grip Pulldown - 3 x 8 / 12 (80 lb / "150") Great Pump here, needed to bring my back into play.

Overall, feeling a lot better this mornign after a full night's rest. Fingers' crossed going forward.

ONE WEEK AWAY !!! - (From the PCW PR Dept.)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

***********

PREMIER CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (PCW) celebrates it's Historic 10th Year in operation with an event at the MARQUEE LOUNGE AND EVENT CENTRE(1875 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB).

HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:
"Outlaw" Adam Knight (c) vs Antonio Scorpio Jr

The 17 year veteran Knight defends against his long-time nemesis Scorpio in what is guaranteed to be a hard-hitting and high impact encounter. Scorpio has never won the PCW Title and as a man who started his career with PCW, he has vowed to leave the 10th anniversary with the Title even if he has to break Knight's neck with his version of the Tombstone Piledriver to do it.


LAST MAN STANDING
"Playboy" Will Damon vs PCW Owner Andrew Shallcross

The Playboy has been threatening to destroy PCW ever since the 9th Anniversary show in 2011. After a heated exchange of words, Shallcross could take no more of his arrogance and agreed to put PCW on the line in a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH! Expect violence, blood and insanity (Warning: Not for the faint of heart)


ALSO CONFIRMED TO APPEAR:

The HONKY TONK MAN Returns to PCW! The Greatest WWE Intercontinental Champion of All Time was a part of PCWs FIRST Official Event 10 years ago, and now he returns to continue entertaining the greatest wrestling fans in Manitoba on March 15th!

KENNY OMEGA - the current All Japan World Jr Heavyweight Champion returns HOME to PCW to compete! Details on his opponent TBA.

PCWs TENTH ANNIVERSARY SPECTACULAR
Thursday March 15th 2012
$10 at the Door
9PM Start Time
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/285877184813370/
www.PCWAction.com
andrewofPCW@gmail.com

Please SHARE / TWEET / Pinterest and BE THERE!!

-30-

That's all I got for today. Gym day off today to avoid over-training and contuing the agony in my joints. I am needing more consistent gym days off methinks. We'll see what we shall see i suppose.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
PCW:X

No comments:

Post a Comment