Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 March 2012

A Good Sore, PCW:X Thoughts, MABBA Well-Wishes

First and Foremost, it's the MABBA Event down at Pantages Playhouse Theatre in Winnipeg today and I want to wish everyone involved in the event the best of luck. You've all trained your asses off for this day, and while I was hoping to be in attendance to cheer on my friends, unfortunately "Duty Calls" and I will have to be there from afar.

Kudos to Dave and the Muscles By Meyers team for doing a great job setting up and building for this year's event.

Speaking of great events:

Thursday night was PCW:X - the Tenth Anniversary Spectacular. And what a great damned show we had. Sure,I came out of it on the losing end as AntonioScorpio Jr managed to achieve his career goal of becoming the PCW Heavyweight Champion, but no one can say that it wasn't an incredibly hard hitting and violent encounter. He earned the belt and frankly, I am proud of him for pushing me as far as he did.

One of the highlights of the evening however was the "The Greatest Intercontinental Champion of All Time" the Honky Tonk Man making his return to PCW after 10 long years. Honky was a featured performer on the first PCW event back in March 2002 so having him back for the 10'th Anniversary was a no-brainer.

Also - props go out to HTM's opponent Jay Walker. This kid has caused a lot of heat for himself - some of it earned, some of it not - but he busted his ASS to make this match and prepare for it, and he more than held up his end of the bargain.

Eventually we'll have this entire event on DVD, but until then, you gotta check this fancam angle out.


And of course, since y'all are presumably here to read about me talking gym / workouts / or other such varieties: Here was my pre-show huge pump workout on Thursday (I took Friday off dammit, my knee was killing me!):

Hanging Dips - 3 x 5 (body weight)
Hammer Strength Seated Row - 8 + 10 + 12 (Dropset from 3.25 plt - 2 plt)
               Superset 3x
Hammer Strength Incline Press 2 x 12 (2 plt); 4 x 8 (2.75 plt - 30 sec rest) + 10 (2.5) + 12 (2.25)
Standing Side Lateral Raise - 7 x 9 (20 lbs - 30 sec rest)
Wide Grip Tricep Extension - 10 ("130")
1 Arm Rope Extension - 12 ("50")
Bench Dips - FAIL (bodyweight)
                Superset 3x (Triceps Only)

Normally I would throw in some abs and Cardio, but I was running way tight on time and just flat out ran out of room for it. Was completely pumped and feeling tight though going into the show. Sadly I still found myself sucking wind pretty badly as the match more on. That's the one thing most people don't understand, I can do all teh X-Trainer / Treadmill sprint cardio training I want. But until I actually get into the ring and get thrown around a bit, I really have no idea where my ACTUAL wind level is at.

Still, it's better than it was.

Love of the game, love of the pain.

#GoJetsGo #OutlawForever

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Osborne House

No comments:

Post a Comment