Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 May 2012

Busy Week, Osborne House Fundraiser, Networking

Ever had one of those weeks where even when you had "days off" those days were so full of things to do that you might as well have just never thought "whew, am I looking forward to doing nothing on Wednesday!"

Yeah, that feels like every week for your friendly neighborhood Outlaw.

But I ain't ever gonna complain. I like being busy. Keeps me sharp. Focused. Forces me to make the most of my time, even if it's the preciously rare "sitting on my ass time".

Here are some highlights:

Wednesday - This was the one day that I had mentally pencilled in for a "full day off". No gym, no networking, no family stuff. Just me, my dogs, some playoff hockey and a bit of chill. The only thing I wanted to get done was taking down the seasonal parking tent in my backyard to have a bit more livable, recreational space to enjoy. Well, once that was down (2 hours later) I became skeptical of ever getting it back in place for the winter. But nevertheless, I revelled in my space. Only to determine, "This space needs filling". So 3 trips to Zellers later I now have a full patio set and a lovely reclining swing that goes quite nicely with my firepit and gravel pad. A lovely sight it is. Total time spent arranging back yard on my day off? 10 hours.

Thursday - Up at 8AM. Finished the gym by 10AM. Wrestling training with some of the local youngboys at 10:05AM. Always good to get into the ring regularly for me to polish myself up, make sure my body's still working at it's proper capacity (insert "you suck in the ring and are fat" jokes here assholes) and to educate myself by helping to educate the kids. One day I'll convince these boys that wanting to learn flippy highspots is cool but by and large isn't what I am there to teach them. Ah well, what do I know, right? Overall good efforts from the kids. I see lots of potential in their sweat equity. Follow that up with more running around and a call to a contact made at Cauliflower Alley discussing publishing and writing ideas for a full hour and my day was complete before hockey finally came on the tube.

Friday - Another phone call to a different Cauliflower Alley contact for another hour talking many different topics including wrestling, TV, producing and more. I cannot stress enough how important the CAC is for networking and learning HOW to network. An invaluable opportunity that you should take advantage of. Then in the evening I had the pleasure of going to the "Bud, Spud and Steak Fundraiser for Osborne House". An excellent turnout for a Friday evening. Terrific to see so many people in Winnipeg banding together in support of the desperately underfunded Women's Shelter that the City of Winnipeg continues to ignore despite their constant appeal for support. A wonderful evenign and an excellent cause. Expect more info from me about how to help / support Osborne House in the future.

So yeah. Big week. Here was my Pre-Wrestling Training Workout:

5 Mins Stationary Bike
5 Mins Stretching / Joint Loosening
Seated Military Dumbbell Press - 20 (45 lb) + 20 (50) + 20 (55) + 17 (60)
Bentover Rear Delt Fly - 4 x 10 (50 lb)
Upright Dumbbell Row - 10 + 10 + 10 + 8 (60 lb)
Standing Side Lateral raise - 4 x 10 (30 lb)
Back Hyperextensions
Hanging Knee Lift
Ball Plank Rollouts
Core Circuit 3 x 12
Stationary Bike 20 mins

Busy week with a lot of groundwork laid out for the future. Big plans, better ideas. Time to do my homework.
 
AK

Twitter
Facebook
Osborne House

No comments:

Post a Comment