Total Pageviews

Monday 28 October 2013

Taking my Writing Into "Overdrive"; I Still Love Pro Wrestling

So yeah, almost done the plotting / pre-planning for Book 2 of Overdrive and I'm very excited to see how it turns out on paper. Whereas with "Cowboy Ending" my personal goals were simple enough (Complete the project, get it published, keep it under 120,000 words) with book 2 I feel a sense of obligation.

While the fan base for my writing is small - they are vocal and I am appreciative of all the feedback I have received for Overdrive (and the other eBooks I have available on Smashwords, Amazon and other retailers).  Now I have a standard I have to live up to. And while some of you clowns (i.e.: wrestlers) are likely thinking #LowStandards to me I feel an obligation to exceed my own expectations with the continuation of Joe's adventures and his development as a person and as a reluctant hero.

Stay tunes. Expect preview chapters for "Outlaw Justice" on this page in the coming weeks as I get closer to Publication Deadline (Late December ish)

****

I broke into pro wrestling in September of 1995. In the 18 years, near 1500 matches and thousands of miles travelled since then it would be easy to get down-trodden, weary and frankly a bit sick of some of the shenanigans that go on in the game.

Thankfully, every now and then I am reminded why I do this.

Props to Trent for continuing the professional relationship with the good people over at St Amant Centre. Getting to put on an event for the clients and their families, seeing the smiles on their faces and the joy it brings is all the reminded I ever need for the value in what we do.

Sure, there's a business side to Pro Wrestling, and that's important. But the more important side - in my opinion - is the goodwill engendered not only in the community but in yourself for giving back to the community and providing simple, escapist entertainment to people who so desperately need it.

Good job everyone. And thanks to Jay and TJ for letting me pull off some "Giant Spots" just for the fun of it.

Nov 9th, PCW in Beausejour.
Nov 15th, HIW in Regina.
Nov 22nd, PCW in Winnipeg -ALL AGES

Check the links. Thanks for reading.

AK

Twitter
Facebook
Overdrive

No comments:

Post a Comment